Proper Hydration & Health
Why is hydration so important? Our bodies depend on water for survival. Every single cell and organ (and that includes our skin!) needs water. Dehydration can lead to headaches, sleepiness and lightheadedness. For example, have you ever noticed a correlation between dry skin and dehydration? When you urinate, is the color dark? Are you sweating more because of menopause? Do you feel sluggish thought the day? We need water to look and feel our best. If you having trouble getting enough water throughout the day, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Carry a reusable bottle of water with you throughout the day. Keep it filled and drink from it before you feel thirsty- if you feel thirsty, you are already headed towards dehydration.
- Begin and end your day with a full glass of water.
- Schedule your hydration- aim to drink a small glass of water at the top of each hour of the day.
- If you feel hungry, try drinking a glass of water first, often our bodies mix up our signals and tell us we are hungry when we are actually thirsty!
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to your water for flavor.
- Drink water at restaurants- it’s good for you and free!
Above all, remember that we should never wait until we are feeling symptoms of dehydration before we act. This can be more difficult to recognize as we age. We need to actively prevent dehydration by practicing good habits. Self-care is one of the best and most kind things we can do for ourselves!
If you are interested in taking action to move your health to the next level, please apply for a complimentary Health Breakthrough Strategy Session by filling out the contact form here (Please note – it doesn’t matter where you are in the world for you to benefit, as long as you have an internet connection or phone line).